Note: Audacity is a cross-platform program that can be used in Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Software, tools & computing
- Services and Specialization
- Audio-visual Translation and Subtitling
- Expand Your Business and Advance in Your Career
- Grow Your Translation Business
We'll discuss Audacity, a free program that you can use to record, edit, and export voice over projects several formats used by the audio industry. Basic notions of voice recording and editing will be covered, as well as tips on quality hardware and how to create voice samples and quote on projects. Note: Audacity is a cross-platform program that can be used in Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
Have you ever had to translate something that was meant to be recorded and wished you could offer a translation + voice over combo service? With Audacity, you can record and edit audio files on the fly. You will learn how to set up your hardware (microphone and headphone) and manage your audio clips. Basic voice over skills will also be addressed, so that you can create samples of your voice and submit it to potential clients.
Freelancers with a pleasant voice and clear pronunciation who would like to offer voice over services
In this presentation, you'll learn about:
- Audacity's basic features
- Proper hardware for top-quality audio recordings
- How to set up your microphone and headphone
- Recording and editing audio files
- Exporting audio files in industry-standard formats
- Quick tips on how to translate for audio projects
None! We'll be covering basic audio recording and editing.
- Introduction to voice recording skills
- Proper posture
- Proper hardware
- How to translate for the voice over industry
- Audacity: a cross-platform free audio tool
- Tips on creating your own audio sample